WHO ARE WE?
Julie Carrier, PhD
Catherine Bourguinat, PhD, MPH
Mission and objectives
This awareness campaign aims to promote the importance of sleep to maintain good health, to demystify sleep difficulties, and to offer solutions to patients.
The objectives aim to :
1.Increase the awareness about sleep for the general public and decision makers by using scientifically valid and straight-forward messages:
- Sleep is crucial for physical, emotional and cognitive health. To stay healthy, it is as important to sleep well as it is to eat well and be physically active.
- There are many sleep disorders, including insomnia, sleep apnea, sleepwalking, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome, and shift work sleep disorder. Fortunately, there are solutions for each one!
2. Create partnerships with a variety of stakeholders interested in further supporting health policy improvement associated with sleep management.
This campaign will provide the population – including members of the public who suffer from sleep disorders – scientifically valid knowledge presented in a simple and original way.
Research and Writing
- What is sleep?
- Age specific dos and don’ts
- The Why and How of Dreams
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder (RBD)
- Periodic Leg/Limb Movement Disorder (DD) and Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)
- Night terrors
- Why Sleep?
- Sleep, a personal and evolving natural need
- 8 ways you can improve your sleep and get better grades
- What normal sleep changes can be expected as you age?
- Happy Sleep-Filled Holidays: The Best Gift Ever!
- Winter is coming! Daylight Savings Time, Fall Back!
Web contents and videos developed by (alphabetical order): Célyne Bastien, Catherine Bourguinat, Julie Carrier, Thien Thanh Dang-Vu, Joseph De Koninck, Agence Extension, Roger Godbout, Charles Morin, Dominique Petit, Valérie Viau
Video Announcers’ voices: Neil Hedley (English)
Interviews with media by (alphabetical order): Célyne Bastien, Julie Carrier, Jean-Philippe Chaput, Penny Corkum, Thanh Dang Vu, Judith R. Davidson, Joseph De Koninck, Stuart Fogel, Roger Godbout, Reut Gruber, Tetyana Kendzerska, Judith Leech, Charles Morin, Brian James Murray, John Peever, Marie-Hélène Pennestri, Rebecca Robillard, Elizaveta Solomonova, Charles Samuels, Antonio Zadra
Scientific Review of all the Website Content and Knowledge Mobilization Team:
The Canadian intelligentsia on sleep composed of researchers and patients of the Canadian Sleep and Circadian Network (CSCN), the Canadian Sleep Society (CSS), Fondation Sommeil and Wake-up Narcolepsy Canada
- To improve sleep in workers who work night shifts (Dre Marie Dumont)
- For parents of children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (Better Nights Better Days)
Agence Extension but also Catherine Bourguinat and Steven Riis-Christensen